Monday 23 May 2011

Using the concept of a Systems map to understand the environment I work in

The organisation I am part of, Commander Maritime Reserve HQ (CMR), like most organisations is complex and we are currently under significant pressure to adapt and we must identify and deliver efficiencies.  This is currently my main effort and although it is painful and at times difficult, there is an upside, which is that it provides a probable focus for my EBI.  In light of this I have spent this evening generating a first draft of a systems map to help me understand the environment in which we are attempting to make changes.

Commander Maritime Reserves Systems Map v1
It has been a good exercise to generate this map and although I am certain that it is not 100% accurate, it is certainly good enough with regard to the Pareto principle to be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment