Saturday 7 May 2011

The IT tools I am planning to use

I am planning to use the following IT applications to assist me in my learning:

- A Blackberry to enable me to stay in touch and access my emails and to make notes on the move
- I have access to a Desktop PC and a Laptop PC from home.
- I intend to use the MS Office package for the majority of tasks.
- I have installed Dropbox so that I can access my files from anywhere and to ensure that I have backup.  However, I will also physically back up to a hard drive on a regular basis.
- I have also installed Evernote so I can make notes and access them wherever I am.
- I plan to use Firefox 4 as my browser as it is possible to add zotero (which is not possible on Google Chrome).  zotero allows me to cite directly from a website and to easily generate a bibliography.
- I am using Refnotes to capture and manage my references.
- I have started a blog with Blogger which will act as my Learning Log
- I am considering getting a Kindle or a tablet computer but I am still not certain whether I need to.

I intend to review my way of working on a regular basis and adjust as required.

In addition, to the IT applications and hardware I am also using old fashioned folders and I intend to use Portsmouth University Library (via sconul access)

No comments:

Post a Comment