Thursday 12 May 2011

Learning Log for 1-12 May 11

Date of event:
  • 1-12 May 11
What was the development activity?
  • Introduction activities for Unit One of B716
  • I have established my timeline for completion of TMA 1
  • I have started scoping TMA 1 and began discussions at work as to how to integrate the EBI into my activities
  • I have read and understand the assessment process so I am content that I know where to apportion my efforts
  • I have completed the reading for MDA1 and MDA2
  • I have started a learning log
  • I am content with the use of the OU library and I have already accessed it to get copies of some of the key texts eg Mintzberg
  • I have made contact with Portsmouth University and I now have access to their library (via Sconul) as and when I need it for books.
  • I have completed/submitted the tasks required for activity 1-4 and read the other submissions in the TGF 
What was I expecting to learn?
  • How to learn with the OU
  • Experiences of managing and the context within which I manage and am managed
What have I learned?
  • That other people in the TGF face similar issues that I do albeit in completely different work contexts.  This implies that issues regarding management are common.
How will I apply this learning?
  • To broaden my knowledge and enable me to put the theory I am about to learn into a work context
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment